We often hear from people that we need to be consistently publishing content to our community in order to build trust.
But how much is enough?
Can we be consistent in some areas and then a little bit more fluid in others?
What happens when we go off the grid EVERYWHERE?
Are we damaging our businesses and brands by not being consistent?
That’s what we’re talking about on today’s episode.
So, this one’s for you if …
- If you’re guilty of going off the grid OFTEN or sending that email that says – I know you haven’t heard from me in awhile…
- If you notice you haven’t posted in a few days on IG.
- If you look at your last blog post and think – when did I write that?
- If you open up Infusionsoft and realize your last broadcast was a few months ago…
- If people thought you quit your podcast…
And then you come back every few months with a vengeance, start getting interaction and confirmation that yes people are there wanting to hear from you.
If you’ve done this more than once over the past year, we need to talk.
I’m not going to make you feel guilty.
This is just my supportive call to find out if everything’s okay, figure out what’s wrong, and then come up with some solutions to really turn things around.
Usually when we lapse on all the things that let people know we are a business – something’s off and there’s action you can take.
Questions To Ask Yourself To Fix It
Here are a few questions I like to consider to help me get back on track or figure out if I’m still being consistent enough during challenging-to-be-consistent times.
- Have you set a publishing schedule or expected schedule that you can’t deliver on?
- Are you delivering content that’s HARD to deliver? Maybe you need another format.
- Are you spending time on activities that never feel like there’s any return on your investment?
- Is your real life bringing you down so much that it’s make all of the above even more difficult to stick to?
- Have you been trying to be everywhere and ended up being really showing up strongly nowhere? Go back to the layering strategy!
If you answered yes or maybe…
- Strip off the layers and find one place that is easy to publish to and that allows you to interact.
- Repurpose content.
- Do video whenever possible…helps people connect to you quickly/
- Get your website cleaned up.
- If you’ve got some personal issues going on, you need to get help for those…it will help your business! Believe me!
Now It’s Your Turn
Leave a comment below – I’d love to hear how you’re going to handle not completely going off the grid.
It doesn’t mean you have to do all the things – but how will you stay on the grid even when life gets a little out of hand?
It’s bound to happen – because every single client I know (and human I know) has to face challenges every once in awhile.
Your Next Step
And if you want support staying active in your business – for your audience and your brand’s longevity…
I’m working on something that will help you do this very thing… Sometimes all it takes is ongoing accountability, the reminder to show up, and a mentor investing in you.