I just finished recording and uploading the 100th episode of my podcast…and I'm pretty sure I said this out loud:
Happy 100 Episodes Batman!
Today, I decided to shift into a reflective mood where I look back at the top episodes, how my workflow has changed, and how I stay inspired to share new shows with you week after week.
Here’s what we’re covering in a nutshell today:
- A quick recap of the top 5 episodes
- my super simple podcast workflow
- how I stay inspired – even if I'm not “feeling it”
- the two key ways my podcast has impacted my business
- How things will change & stay the same moving forward
Plus, I've got a special thank you at the end you won't want to miss!
Top 5 episodes
Lessons Learned: It’s okay that I produce a mix of interview and masterclass style episodes. You like them both – and they allow me to not depend on getting people into my calendar in order to get ahead…So, I'll be keeping this mix of episode types–to keep us both happy!
Question: Which do you prefer and why? (leave a comment below)
Here are the quick highlights…
I love podcasting because I can literally do it anywhere…good mobile microphone and my mac air. Good to go.
And I have struggled to find the right working process to make sure I’m delivering consistent content no matter what’s happening behind the scenes. No matter if I get sick or my daughter does!
I even had a few guests on this show who brainstormed different ways for me to do it – check out this episode with Jessica Kupferman of She Podcasts.
When I actually sit down and record, I can crank out multiple episodes without breaking a sweat…
Lessons Learned: Though I’ve been a tad inconsistent over the past few months, I’m finally ready to embrace a new way of batching work – so stay tuned for more on that. I’m just about to do a crazy experiment which will take this idea of clumping work together to a whole new level.
Question for you: Do you batch work? Do you block of different times during your week or month to create content or any other recurring tasks in your business?
Why I keep the podcast going
This one’s simple…three reasons why I keep doing this podcast…
- Because it’s really a no excuses type of content that allows me to connect with you
- Many of my latest Fearless Launchers found me through the podcast
- Because I love it
Lessons Learned: When you (or I) find something that you do on a regular basis, that you love, that also brings you new opportunities even in a non-direct why. Keep doing it. Review every once in awhile to make sure it’s providing value to others and yourself.
Question: What do you do in your business that you love and has improved your business in some specific way?
How Podcasting Impacts My Business
Just like I keep podcasting because I love it, it also impacts my business for the better. Now, it didn’t happen at first, but over these first 100 episodes, I’ve found that it has lead directly and indirectly to:
- More customers
- More website traffic
- Reaching people I wouldn’t normally connect with
- Deepening relationships with people who are already in the community
- More opportunities to partner with people I respect
Lesson Learned: Numbers don’t lie but they also don’t reveal themselves as quickly as you might expect. Impact for me was first seen in traffic, then in engagement, then when people became customers.
Question: Do you have a podcast or other type of marketing channel you want to create, but you’re not sure what type of result you’ll get? Be clear about why you want to start the channel…and the outcomes you’re hoping to achieve as a result.
Resources & Inspiration That Kept Me Going
- She Podcasts Facebook group
- She Podcasts (podcast)
- Perpetual Traffic (podcast)
- Amy Porterfield (podcast)
- Tim Ferriss Show (podcast I forgot to mention!)
Lesson Learned: Find ways to keep the inspiration fire burning! …for me, that’s listening to other podcasts that top my #podcastgoals list!
The Next 100: How Things Will Change & Stay The Same
Now’s the time to decide what to keep and what to change. Here’s what you can expect from me and this podcast coming very soon!
- You’ll likely see content in multiple formats – so you can consume it the way you want to consume it. Some weeks I’m all about the audio, others I want to binge watch videos. And others, I can’t stand hearing the sound of even my own voice…and I read everything.
- Lessons learned from your specific launches
- Q & A
- Monthly Favorites
- What’s in my toolkit posts (similar)
- Quarterly Review
- More case studies
- Want to work with me one on one? If you’re a business owner who knows that you need a coach, someone to work through your launch strategy, figure out your launch plan, get spot advice as it comes up…Let’s chat and see if we’re a match!
- Free Launch Workbook & Planner: Grab this completely free launch planning workbook. Download, print, and start planning your launch today — don’t forget to add in the test and secure your website tasks!
Need help on your next launch? Click the image below to apply for one of my free launch strategy sessions… only available for a limited time!
Enjoyed This Episode? Want To Hear More?
If you enjoyed this episode or any others on the Fearless Launching Show, I would love it if you’d head over to iTunes, subscribe, rate and review the podcast.
Of course, I’d love to know what you thought about today’s episode. Leave a comment below or shoot me an email!