4 weeks ago I started a personal fitness challenge to go through the 8-week Action Hero Babe training system for the 2nd time. I'm 1/2 way through and since I didn't post my intentions at the beginning, I decided to renew them and post my updated list.
Intention in a Word…
First of all, intention is just a word. According to Merriam Webster, it is: a determination to act in a certain way. This is a powerful word that resonates with me way more than the word goals. Intentions are specific things I'm going to do and am doing right now. Once I set my intentions I am much more likely to stick to them and reach my goals.
For more on the value of declaring your intentions, I highly recommend reading Dr. Wayne Dyer's Power of Intention.
Creating an intention list is important in any area of your life where you are looking to achieve some thing. If you don't know where you are going or what you intend to do, where will you end up and what will the end result of your actions be?
Here's why I'm renewing my Action Hero Babe intentions:
- I often do this at slumps in my training to keep me going to the next milestone.
- It's an easy way to inject some new energy into your workouts and really help you push beyond what you were originally trying to achieve in the first place.
- If I've been having trouble in any area, it helps me pinpoint those challenges and get over the hurdles. Being aware and taking responsibility for my actions–be they victories or off-track moments, really keeps my head in the game.
So without further adieu, here are my personal intentions for the second half of my Action Hero Babe personal challenge.
- I intend to finish this last 4 weeks of the Action Here Babe training system, strong and dedicated to the workouts.
- I intend to eat clean 80% of the time — keep white sugars, white flours to a minimum.
- I intend to eat 4-5 servings of vegetables every day.
- I intend to get my water intake back to normal — 1-2 liters a day.
- I intend to do my AHB workouts 3 days per week and 2 Pilates Reformer/Mat workouts on the off days.
- I intend to go to yoga 1x per week.
- I intend to make this challenge for myself and no one else. I'm not trying to impress you, I'm trying to feel better more often…and increase my energy levels.
- I intend to do an outside activity with my family – every single day. On the weekends, this activity should be a bit longer than normal. Every day outside with Mila.
- I intend to smile much more often than I do already.
- I intend to do an amp'd up version of my original run through Red Carpet Ready.
Ok…so there you go…now, that you see what my intentions are, why don't you start your own list. Be as specific as you can. The more defined your destination, the more motivated you will be to reach it! In fact, just be writing this post, I feel more focused and ready to reach my own goals.
Just remember…once you have your goals/intentions in place, all you have to do is plot out those first few steps. You will be surprised how easy it is to take a few more steps each day.
Post your intention list (if you aren't too shy) and let me help you stay accountable to those goals!